It has certainly been a busy week with Tabor Talks, the General MTMS PTA Meeting, and the SE Guiding Coalition Open House on top of all the other work, life, and distance learning balancing act that takes place in our daily lives. Phew! It definitely feels like it is time for a break.
Thank you to those that attended the General MTMS PTA Meeting this week. The PTA continues to focus on the ways we can fundraise safely during the pandemic and continue to support the school community in all the ways that the MTMS community has become accustomed. We also had the pleasure of hearing Michael Cady-Russell discuss Parenting in the Pandemic. It was helpful to hear from a professional and from other parents and guardians on ways to support our students and ourselves.
The MTMS PTA continues to have some open positions and opportunities to volunteer. In addition, we are thinking about continuity planning as three board members will be transitioning out of Mt. Tabor Middle School next year. This will leave three important positions to fill next year – President, Vice President, and Secretary. If you are considering a role on the PTA for next year, it is a good time to connect with the PTA and start learning about the position.
PTA positions open for this year include:
- Bottle Drop: Coordinate distribution of bags for the bottle drop program.
- Spanish Language Program Rep: Liaison between Spanish language program and PTA.
- Hard of Hearing Program Rep: Liaison between Hard of Hearing Program and PTA.
- Outdoor Committee: Currently need someone to re-launch and lead this committee. Works with PTA, school staff, and parents to improve MTMS’s outdoor spaces.
Short-term Volunteer opportunities this year include:
- Staff Appreciation Week: Coordinate staff appreciation activities in May, with support from the PTA.
The PTA is working on the final details of a few fundraising events that we hope to share in the next couple of weeks. Please stay tuned in the coming weeks to learn about these exciting opportunities.
As the week ends and you prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday next week, we truly hope that your family finds the time to relax, connect, and have fun over the break from school. We will see everyone (virtually) after the break.