There are a few ways to support MTMS PTA on an ongoing basis. Once you take the few minutes to sign up for Fred Meyer Community Rewards or AmazonSmile, there is nothing else to do. Simply sign up and then shop as you normally do from Fred Meyer or Amazon and a portion of your purchases will be donated back to the MTMS PTA. MTMS will remain the recipient of the donation program until you change it, so you do not have to think about it again until your student(s) move on from MTMS.
The PTA has had many requests this school year from teachers, counselors, and the school social worker for funds, supplies, and equipment to support STUDENTS at school. The PTA has a tight budget, as you can imagine, and the only way we can begin to meet some of the requests is through the communities willingness to provide financial contributions to the PTA. This can happen through participating in these two programs (Fred Meyer Community Rewards and AmazonSmile) and other fundraisers like the Dairy Hill Ice Cream fundraisers, restaurant partners, the Trailblazers game, purchasing MTMS gear, and direct appeals for financial contributions.
The PTA is planning to provide more information on several school requests and the amounts we are trying to raise for the specific requests. The PTA would love to be able to meet every request from school staff, but the reality is we can not. The PTA is working to refine the fundraising goals we will work toward in the month of December and beyond, but here are a few of the requests we have received from MTMS staff:
- Flexible seating and fidgets for all classrooms
- Currently MTMS students do not have any options for flexible seating, which is an important option for many students to be able to focus and learn.
- WEB Leader training for another teacher
- MTMS currently only has one trained teacher WEB Leader. The WEB program is such an essential part of the MTMS student community, providing student and community support and leadership within the school.
- School supplies for students that need extra support.
- Snacks or food pantry for students that need extra support.
These requests are in addition to the support the PTA already providers on a year to year basis, for example, teacher reimbursement for classroom supplies. Anytime you participate in a PTA activity or fundraising event, you are supporting an important need at MTMS.
We appreciate you MTMS community!!!
Sign Up for Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to the Mt. Tabor Middle School PTA at fredmeyer.com/community/community-rewards. Search by name, Mt. Tabor Middle School PTA, or number, 87335. After you’ve linked your card to us, you’ll help us earn donations every time you use your Rewards Card to shop at Freddy’s. You’ll still earn the same Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates for yourself, too! Don’t have a Rewards Card? Get one at the Customer Service desk next time you’re in Freddy’s.
Instructions for linking your card to Mt Tabor Middle School PTA:
1. Create a digital account. A digital account is needed to participate in Fred Meyer Community Rewards. If you already have a digital account, simply link your Shopper’s Card to your account so that all transactions apply toward the organization you choose.
2. Link your Card to an organization.
Selecting the organization that you wish to support is as simple as updating the Fred Meyer Community Rewards selection on your digital account.
1. Sign into your digital account.
2. Search for your organization.
3. Enter the name or NPO number of the organization you wish to support. (Mt Tabor Middle School PTA or 87335)
4. Select the appropriate organization from the list and click “Save”. Your selected organization will also display in the Fred Meyer Community Rewards section of your account. If you need to review or revisit your organization, you can always do so under your Account details.
Sign Up for AmazonSmile
When you use AmazonSmile, you can just shop as you normally would, and a portion of your spending automatically goes to the charity of your choice. You will see the same products, the same prices, and the same service. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases.
Instructions for signing up for AmazonSmile:
- Go to AmazonSmile at smile.amazon.com
- Click on “Get Started”
- Type in: “Mt Tabor Middle School PTSA”
- Mt Tabor Middle School PTSA, Portland, OR should appear in the list, click on “Select”
- You will be connected to AmazonSmile and under the search box you should see: “Supporting: Mt Tabor Middle School PTSA”
You do have to start at smile.amazon.com each time you shop for Amazon to donate, but it is easy to add the page as a favorite and go back to it again and again for easy shopping.
It is easy to use AmazonSmile on a mobile device, such as a smart phone, after signing up for AmazonSmile and choosing Mt Tabor Middle School PTSA as your charity.
- Be sure to download the latest Amazon app or update you current Amazon app.
- In the app, go to settings and click on AmazonSmile and follow the instructions.